Day 1 - Tuesday 8th September 2015 - Budapest, Hungary


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 8th 2015
Published: January 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We flew to Hungary, Budapest. The flight was very smooth and seemed to be over before I even knew we had started. We waited for our bags to arrive, my parents thought they recognised someone but they could not put a finger on it. We looked around while waiting to see if there was anyone else with Archers/Cosmos tags but couldn't see any. As usual out bags came out last. Once they finally arrived we met out tour guide. Her name was Alina Morar. She already had another couple with her, a lady and surprisingly the guy that my parents thought they recognised. Ali seemed really nice, and it was kind of a relief that there was someone who I thought was my age.

We got in our coach and headed back to the airport. My dad asked the guy where he was from as he thought he might have lived in Kingston but he did not. He was actually on the previous tour may parents did, such a small world.

When we arrived at out hotel, Ali checked us in and told us all to meet back downstairs at 7.20pm so we could have a welcome meeting.

After settling into the hotel we headed down to the meeting place and waited for everyone to join us. We were quite a big group; there were 44 of us from all over the world, UK, Cuba, US, Romania, Australia, Philippines etc. There were a few people my age too which was nice. We all sat down and went through some essential paperwork, allergies, requirements the usual. Once the meeting was over we decided to get some dinner. We were quite tired so just decided to stay in the hotel restaurant, Novo. I had the Pasta carbonara, it was delicious. For desert we had a chocolate and a caramel crème brulee.

After dinner we went for a quick walk around the block to hunt for some bottles of water where we bumped into Mary from Australia. She’s lovely. We got to know her a bit and then headed back to the hotel to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb