Peaceful Sunday


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 19th 2006
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a nice cloudy, breezy Sunday afternoon. We went to Parliament Building on the Metro and then walked back beside the Danube. Found some more statues for Chrissy to discuss important things with. We hadn't a clue why the one with the very old man had a broken arch above him. It is no small irritant to be so illiterate when the explanation is there in Hungarian as plain as day.
We walked a short way on the Chain Bridge which would shutter a little as cars and buses went across and scared Chrissy a bit. This is an amazing engineering feat. The chains that hold the bridge up are made just like a bicycle chain. Only the links are 8 to 10 feet long instead of 1/2 inch. Jim was quite enthralled with the whole concept.
We had to take a picture of one of the brass manhole covers. These would have disappeared quickly in the States for scrap metal since the price of copper has gotten so expensive lately. Then, I wanted to take a picture of a very new building with a very old building. The new hotel has a mall on the first two floors with very exclusive shops like Hugo Boss, Armani, etc.
Getting ready for our last day here and quite excited about being home and having a normal life for a few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb