Budapest - Last Impressions


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 19th 2011
Published: September 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Chain BridgeChain BridgeChain Bridge

After the Danube Cruise
When we last left you we had not yet completed our last day in Budapest. I spoke about the things happening in Budapest seemingly non stop for all tastes. I did not mention that we went on a Danube River night cruise. Legenda is the operator of the Bella Duna ship that took us a 1 hour tour on the Danube. Between parliament and the Gellert Hotel everything and all the bridges are illuminated nightly. It is a lovely sight and well worth the roughly $25 per person. A welcome glass of champagne was followed half way through by either a glass of wine or beer. Headsets provided a tour in over 6 languages.

We walked the 15 minutes back to Le Meridian and stopped at Las Vegas, one of two local casinos. All casinos require a passport and provide you a players card. After we entered it was like any other casino I've been to. This one smoking was allowed but drinks had to be purchased. Table minimums were the equivalent of $2.50 for blackjack. We only played slots, doubled our money and quickly left.

The walk home after midnight was a balmy 22C and we saw some homeless people but, felt entirely safe and were never bothered by anyone.

We will get caught up later.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb