I woke up on a ship heading to New Delhi


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
May 17th 2006
Published: May 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Yup so I was down and out, my shoes had been stolen and my last nickle spent in a run down casino betting on a 1 legged horse to win the grand national, then into the room came my saviour... a man offering a free bed, warm shower and a hearty meal. 24 hours later and after a lot of rum I woke up to the sound of seagulls and around me drunk sailors yelling Land Ahoi!

End of Chapter 1
--------


Well, my left bum cheek is officially angry at me. The burner that keeps the water hot in the shower at the run down hostel has gotten the better of me thus I sit hear smelling like a bum who has not showered in days. I have given up on taking a decent 'shower' in the bath tub that I have learnt also acts as the owners place to do his laundry.

The past 3 days have yielded very little towards seeing any of Budapest and Hungary itself. On our first full day hear we decided to check out the highly acclaimed public baths. The public baths are extremely old and a huge part of the Hungarian lifestyle. They have huge heated outdoor springs and inside boiling spas with saunas everywhere you turn. We spent the day soaking up the sun, jumping into freezing cold pools then quickly running over to the hot tub... the joy of being young and stupid 😊. The baths themselves are so so awesome. The architecture and the style is simply to good. I found myself laying there in this hot spa and around me everything is built up like a cathedral... so relaxing!

At night we decided to head out and scope the Budapest nightlife. After pub roaming and drinking the local brew we headed to an outdoor club. The thing here in East Europe is that partys are an everyday occurence. You can street drink, you can have partys on streets and everyone is invited. We got there around midnight and danced the night away arriving back at our hostel for a nice sleep around 6am. Good night!!

After a 5 hour granny nap we felt bad about sleeping for so long and with the Aussie and Swedes leaving the next day it was only best that we dragged ourselves out of bed and hit the road for early morning breakfast. What better way to cure the early morning blues than breakfast at Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut here is a really expensive 'treat' for the locals. Its fine dining. So fine dining that I had the pleasure of letting one rip on there beatiful 'Pre Heated' toilet seats. Thats the first ever time I've sat on a toilet and it has its own heating system... simply amazing.

The day was spent being dehydrated and tired from the night before. It was good how ever to walk around Budapest and get an idea of what the city is like. To my suprice it has 2 sections. 'Buda' and 'Pest'. After staying for 3 or so days on the Pest side I will be spending the rest of my week on the Buda side.

Anyyyyways back to the hostel we tread, take a granny nap for 3 or 4 hours.. Crazy Spanish people who we met the previous night come and wake us up and its off for a kebab again.

The plan was to grab something to eat then head back to the hostel to sleep away our moody blues but NoooOooO crazy spanish people bring out there fine wines and start a fiesta and before to long its midnight and we are heading out to a very famous club called 'Rio' for a night of Spanish dancing and a few kebabs here and there.

-------

Today is Wednesday we slept all morning after a crazy night getting back again at about 6am... I said goodbye to my Swedish friends and have booked in at a hostel accross the river on the Buda side of Budapest. Updates to follow shortly! Kudos and thankies to all who have sent me msgs and emails you are awesome and i wuv you 😊 Only 5 or so days left of East Europe then its back to London for preperation USA!!

speak soon chow!



Advertisement



18th May 2006

Nah
Fucking too much of an adventure cutie.
18th May 2006

tehe log!
your language is atrocious young man *slaps wrist*
22nd May 2006

hey jon, i hope your heading back to the same address in england because your prezzie should be there by now! p.s. SOOOOO JEALOUS!
23rd May 2006

yeow
Seems as if you are having a blast ;) Bring me back some zoties. Lav Nikkkkaaay
23rd May 2006

G'day from W.A!!!! sooooooooo gay
Loving hearing all your tales! lol my mum has been reading as well and thinks its so cool. Shes like "he always said he was going to travel!" she still refers to you as C.B haha! thanks for keeping such a great journal :) Jo Jo

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb