A little rest in Budapest


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
October 14th 2000
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another one-day stop in another capital city. Budapest just doesn't have the appeal of Prague. It has its nice parts but it's mostly dirty and dilapidated. Too bad.


On the train on the way in, I had my first experience being the chum in a tourist feeding-frenzy. But we found our own room anyway and had an early night in another dorm. Most of the day was spent making me insane (did I say that?) I meant shopping for money exchange rates and looking for the best tickets. Then we walked around the sights.


The best part of the day was sitting in an outdoor cafe having beer and champagne before a big dinner at "Fatal" (yes, really) restaurant. And after that, drinks at the "For Sale" bar listening to Hungary's answer to Carlos Santana sing American rock and roll. Tomorrow, we'll see the Vasarely museum, shop for food and then most likely straight through to Thessaloniki!

Advertisement



26th November 2007

Yes, but its still one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and it also had a much more devastating history than Prague (Turkish rule, bombardments in the 2nd world war...)

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb