Sea Day


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
September 13th 2015
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.614, 22.6748

Today is a sea day as we continue our journey from Messina to Athen. As we awake Connie is midway across the Ionian Sea and headed toward the south coast of the Peloponnese. We will continue on a southeasterly course and at about 7pm will pass within about 1.5 miles of Cape Tainaro which is the most southerly point of mainland Greece and of the Balkan Peninsula. At 8.30pm we will enter the strait of Elafonisos and pass between the Peloponnese and Kythira Island. We will then head north toward Athens.

We breakfast in the main dining room. The Eggs Benedict, a cruise favourite of mine, is excellent and so is the French toast. Peter has his normal eggs over medium with bacon, sausage and hash browns. We then head up to the top deck to relax in the sunshine and read/listen to music. The pool area is very crowded but we find a peaceful spot at the rear of the ship with plenty of empty sun beds. By the time we finish by back had decided to play up again. This happened to me in May on Enchantment so on top of the baggage debacle I feel a little piss3d off with it all. I manage to get some menthol muscle rub on board and that helps somewhat buts will have to take things easy.

We lunch in the Oceanview. I order from the pasta station where they cook fresh pasta for you with almost any sauce you like. As a traditionalist I stick to Marinara with some Parmesan. It's delicious. Peter goes Mexican with some fajitas. We both have a couple of scoops of ice cream to finish. Later in the afternoon Peter heads to the gym and I relax in the cabin being careful not to put too much strain on my back.

Around 7 we shower and head up to the Sunset Bar (I've been referring to it as the Seaview Cafe but it's the Sunset Bar). Again it's a lovely sunset but there are a lot more people this time all vying for the best view of the pretty sky. We have a couple of drinks there then head down to the Martini Bar. We grab two empty seats just in time as its gets very busy soon after and the barman are busy dying to keep up with demand.

Dinner is the best we've had in the San Marco this cruise. The Sommelier keeps our glasses topped up as we enjoy Chicken Liver Parfait & Wedge Salads to start. Peter has Rigatoni for his main and I have the Wahi Wahi fish. Delicious. We exit the dining room and into The Cellar Master bar. They serve excellent wines here but it is very quiet. We head up top to the Reflections Lounge where there is Motown Quiz followed by some 60's live music. Extremely busy up here and so after a few we head back to our stateroom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb