B5 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
September 13th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Country: Greece

<cite style="color: #00802a; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; white-space: nowrap;">https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/.../gr.html</cite>‎

Greece has a parliamentary republic. It's capitol is Athens. It's legal system is based on the Roman law. The people select their president, and each president can get up to 2 terms each term being 5 years. The current President is President Karolos Papoulias. Over 93% of the people who live there are Greek and Over 99% speak Greek. The majority of the population are Greek orthodox, and there is very few Muslims. It is close to the Mediterranean sea. It has hot dry summers and cold rainy winters. The people aren't really happy with it's government right now and are protesting. They believe Greece is ending.



The current political structure of Greece is a parliamentary republic. The current president is President Karolos Papoulias. Right now their interactions with their people isn't that good. Their people are mad and protesting. They believe Greece is coming to an end. That the Greece the knew is now corrupt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb