Day 12-The End


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
June 25th 2012
Published: June 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 - The End.

Well Internet was spotty in the next couple of hotels, then non-existent on the cruise, but now we are back in Athens and have contact with the mothership once again.

Well there is way to much to tell to give a detailed account, but I will give a breif summary of each of the last several days.

So on day 12 we visited the anciet Delphi site. it is know for the Oracle of Delphi that people 2500 years ago would travel long distances to come and get guidance from. It was a very impressive site. After our morning visit we traveled to past the Corinth canal, where I successfully launched a rock into, then on to a little city of Nafpilo for afternoon freetime, and then on to our hotel in Tolo.

Day 13

Our hotel in Tolo was right on the beach and we had a great time watching the sunset and enjoying the water. We started the day visiting the ancient theater in Epidavros. It was amazing. Then onto the even more ancient site of Mycenae. Mycenae was the center of the greek world from about 1600 to 1200 BC. I can't really comprehend building what they did that long ago. It was then into Athens. Many of us boarded the tram and endured heat and overly passionate Greek teenagers to go downtown and enjoy the Acropolis Museum. It was great.

Day 14-16 The Cruise.

Way to much to tell about the cruise so here is the rundown.

first day a stop in Mykonos. Amazing greek island village. WOW sums it up

Second day stops included Turkey with a visit to Ephesus then on to the Island of Patmos for a tour there. both Great.

Last day a full free day in Santorini. Amazing. The kids did amazingly well getting around the island and seeing the postcard views of an amazing island. I think each person took about 500 photos for the day.



Day 17

We disembarked the cruise ship, gathered our stuff, which always takes longer than you want it to, the got back on a bus. We dropped our stuff at the hotel and headed for our tour of the Acropolis. What a place. Even with the heat and the hoards of visitors it was an amazing place to see. Even if it won't be the top place from this tour to return to. We then finished our shopping on the Plaka and enjoyed our last bit of wondering in Europe. Being shopped out, treated out, touristed out, and out of steam in general, we cam back to our hotel to pack and get ready for our travel day home.



What a trip. It was amazing and I really enjoyed traveling with all the travelers this year. What a group.

I will make the photos of kids availible in some way. It was difficult to get them loaded this year.

Till next adventure.

Lambert

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb