Mini Break in the mountains!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
April 27th 2012
Published: April 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived In Greece on 24th and spent a few glorious days in the mountain village of Panagula on mainland Greece, about 6hrs bus drive west from Athens, with our dear friends Lynne and Jerry.

We walked up the mountain a little and came across some villagers who farm sheep and goats and pigs. Well, we saw some brand new born piglets. What a sight to behold! And then were invited to watch the goats being milked. Then Kevin was persuaded to give it a bash too! What fun. And we were given a litre of fresh milk to boot. (tastes just like cow's milk).

Yesterday we helped L n J collect firewood for next winter. This was done from the field of a friend who has just pruned his olive trees. We sawed and cut and neatened up I don't know how many little logs. We deserved our dinner after that!

Then we went to one of our favourite little tavernas in Kandela, also on the mountain. We had kokoretsi (offal) grilled! Yummy yummy! For the not so faint-hearted! And several carafes of wine. And salad and chips, of course! And chicKen kebabs. A great way to celebrate Kevin's birthday!

Today work began on the boat. Mini break over! Boo hoo! Kevin washed the outside while I got to work on the inside.

Xinran is already starting to feel like home again.

Advertisement



28th April 2012

Mini Break in the mountains!
After India it must have been a walk in the park...i mean mountains :-) Are you going to also do a Bookface type blog with photo's too? Enjoy

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb