Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece
September 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All-we are still in Greece-took an all day bus tour (7:30am to &7:30pm) to the ruins in Greece-did a lot of climbing up steep rubble they call a paved pathway but the sites were certainly worth it. Saw the Acropolis, Parthenon and Poseidon temple (not the movie-lol) and the old Olympic site and the Athens Museum. Off tomorrow on our way to Rome via the Fast Ferry (Cruise as Dad calls it) so that will take us over a day as the ferry is 21 hrs and we have approx 4 hrs or more to get to the ferry. If we don't blog tomorrow it is because we are in transit. The drivers are scary here-glad we are not renting a car!!! The food is fantastic-too huge though. The temperature is still 90-they think that is cool and prefer 110 plus-not us!
There are lots of dogs here-sleeping in every monument/park/business area-we found out they are strays but the city spays or neuters them and someone aways feeds them-they all have collars and are certainly looked after. A great concept-none get put down here.
Lots of love, hope you are all OK.
Dad & Mom

Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb