GREECE


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » West Greece
September 16th 2010
Published: September 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone-here we are on our Fast Ferry leaving the port of Patra, Greece-took the 3 hr bus ride to this port from Athens to catch the ferry-21 hr boat ride (as Dad calls it-our Cruise). The ferry takes us to Ancona, Italy-where we take the train to Rome-approx 4 hr train ride. We should be in Rome sometime tomorrow afternoon. We enjoyed Greece but are looking forward to Rome now-and great Italian food! Don't get worried if we don't email or blog for a few days as sometimes we don't have internet or it doesn't connect. We were sitting in the reception area on the ferry for1 1/2 hrs to see if we could get an upgrade-they have to wait until they leave port to see if there are any vacancies-we couldn't book a cabin from Athens as they were all booked-so just had 2 air chairs-whatever that is-obviously sleeping on deck somewhere-which would have been OK but not great-but whooppeee-we were able to get a cabin-unfortunately it was more expensive than the one before as this one has a window-so we have a great view of the sea. So guess this really is my Cruise!
Thanks for sending those cute pictures of the dogs Anjie. Looks like Lucy fit right in at your place-they are all so sweet!!
There are a few dogs on this ferry-and the last one-they are only allowed on the pool deck-but it is nice up there for them-and a sand box for the dogs to do their thing-not sure Lucy would like that.
Hope all is well with everyone-Mel sent me an email saying Lucy is a "brat"-so guess she is getting spoiled as usual.
Miss you lots,
Love & huga,
Dad & Mom

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb