July 11th Kavala to Kalambaka


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Thessaly
July 12th 2015
Published: July 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

First to Lidl to get food just in case...it was rammed. We thought the balloon had gone up but of course it was Saturday. No shortages here. The journey was long but fine except on the motorway going around Thessaloniki; going over a viaduct Billy banged over a metal join in the road but I think the metal was missing. The shock managed to do something to the big skylight over the cab, it had opened itself & was vibrating in the draft – just what we needed. We had to stop half a dozen times to tape the handles down with gaffer tape (always carry gaffer tape, it's the future). I couldn't work out what was wrong, it just seemed to have warped somehow - expensive. Anyway, pressed on – sort it in Kalambaka.

We arrived & the lady said that she was expecting us a few days ago – our hearts sank as we thought that the site would be full. But no, there was only one other couple here in a tent...the situation here in Greece is having a massive impact. I said I would pay cash to help out & she looked so grateful. She also booked an escorted mini-bus tour of the mountains & monasteries for us on Monday.





Had a play with the skylight & it seemed to be ok again for some reason in that the handles / catches were working again...we'll see when we leave for the ferry on Tuesday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0883s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb