Greece day 3 - medication please


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We started from Mericha at around 11 a.m. after waiting for the huge ferry to come in 10 meters next to us. It’s really impressive how they drop the anchor and get into position in a harbour that is roughly 50m longer than the ferry itself (150m).
On our way to Siros / Finikas (37° 23,8’N 024°52,6’E) we did not pass many interesting things. The Cyclades are actually not sooo interesting. In my opinion the Baleares offer a lot more. However we had an nice wind with 26 knots in peak and were jumping over the waves. Some of us liked the fun, others were really happy to have their medications and felt a “little” sea-sick :D. Guess what? I was on the fun side… The weather is really perfect.
I got some funny guys on the boat we call the "Balkan boys" and they do a lot of workout so I gave the steering wheel to someone else and joined them for some fitness exercisement - great with the boat going from side to side over the waves. There is really a lot of space on a cat.

We found a nice little beach directly before entering Finikas where we anchored for some swimming and watching Greek beauties until we got in the harbour at around 7 p.m. It’s one of the harbours where you drop your anchor in front and tie your lines in the back and it was only my second time but it worked out nice. Our other ship however caught a huge mooring chain below and will need a diver to get them away.
In the evening we had a power boat next to us and the British guys on there were really cool (John and Captain Ted). I went to dinner with them, we had some beers and a lot of fun. A lot of stories were told and one day I will go with them and drive on of the boats from somewhere to somewhere else  And I got a weather report from them announcing 7 Bft which means we will stay in the harbour tomorrow most likely. Alright - updates will follow. I hope everyone at home is fine.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb