Day 31 - Santorini - Cruise Ship MSC Fantasia


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
June 4th 2014
Published: June 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Arriving at Santorini this morning there was great excitement as this was a place we both had looked forward to, the ship was anchored off and were shuttled to the shore via boats. Arriving ashore we went looking for the donkey guys and they were not hard to find, just listen out for the braying and the loudest voices and there were the drovers. Seated firmly on the donkey Pam tells me a little later that she was a little nervous as we started the climb up the hill along this old cobbled path with very steep drops on one side. It was great fun and at 5e each per person, better than the queue for the cable car and walking. Reaching the top it was mayhem as there were several cruise ships in so we found a quad bike hire and took off to explore. Firstly down to Oia, to see the white stone houses and churches and a walk through the village. Next and being on a tight time frame we only had a couple of hours we headed off to see the rest of the island and ending up in a Mexican Cantina for coffee and take in the amazing coastal views. With time running out we headed back, dropped off the quad and made our way to the cable car, the queue was literally hundreds of yards long so it was donkey down as well, which was a much harder ride down. All in all not enough time ashore and Santorini to me was a little ho hum compared to Mykonos, but Pam loved it and would like to return in the future. To be fair we had little time to really explore so maybe next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement










Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb