athens to santorini


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
July 8th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Santorini. The flight from Australia went quite smoothly except for an extra delay by Qantas in Singapore making it a 5 hour stop. At least this allowed for a nap of about 1 hour on the floor. We spent our first night in Rome. It was hot and we didn’t have much energy but enjoyed a short walk around the city backstreets and a meal out at night. We were pleased to get our Skype set up working and spoke to the girls at home via a video link. Quite fun really and next to no charge to do so.
Small world story- caught the express train from airport to Rome and sat opposite a young family. Turned out they lived just off Tamborine Rd Lane Cove!

Athens was a pleasant surprise and we managed to see quite a bit in our one day. The Acroplois was fantastic and the precinct around it really good fun to explore. I had heard that Athens was not so great but presume the recent Olympics has meant areas have received fresh makeovers. Many pedestrian only streets and interesting shops for browsing.

Here now in Santorini. Hotel perched on the cliff face with fabulous views. We will get fit climbing up all those stairs! Arrived to the famous sunset.

We have just established new internet connection and Roger pleased to log on to the market to see what is happening. I had my 10 am nap. I guess the flights have caught up a little.

Hope this gets to you all thanks for the emails too.


Ciao


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb