Santorini - Day 3


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 16th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Donkeys of FiraThe Donkeys of FiraThe Donkeys of Fira

View of the walkway up from the old port where the cruise ships send boats and the tourists either take the cable car or the donkey ride up to Fira...or walk if you can make it.
Today was a down day. We walked up into Fira and strolled around shopping and sightseeing the sites, churches, overviews, and myriads of up and down walkways. There are only two main streets in Fira, with a few connecting ones. The rest are dozens and dozens of narrow walkways up, down, and across, mostly crowded with shops, taverns, and people. There were two major cruise ships in port today, so it was even more crowded than yesterday. We ate lunch in a placed called Ouzeqi, where I had dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), Manoli had tomato balls, and we both had a Greek salad. About 20 Euros with drinks. Afterwards, we hiked up to Firostephani, the next small town above Fira. We then walked back down hill to the hotel. For dinner, we ate at a small tavern on the road down to Karterados, where Manoli had a lamb with lemon sauce dish and I had Soutsudkakia, stuffed meatballs with rice. Everything was good and about 22 Euros. Afterwards, back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Ouzeqi TavernOuzeqi Tavern
Ouzeqi Tavern

The tavern in Fira where we ate lunch.


16th May 2008

A "down" day ???
That doesn't seem like a "down" day to me, John! Your Big Sister, Judy

Tot: 0.453s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.2209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb