bitersweet greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
May 10th 2008
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

athens was really cool. mynokos and santorini were beautiful. we saw some amazing things, all of which i'll talk about later but it's one of the saddest days of the semester right now. yesterday brad, one of my roommates for the semester and one of the guys that i traveled with, rolled his ATV. he didn't break any bones or anything but he has some serious road rash and just can't travel anymore. he got to the hospital and got checked out and last night he was ok but today even the most routine tasks are difficult and painful. he has massive scrapes all over his sholdur, arm, elbow, both palms, feet, and back. it was going to be hard to leave anyways, but for it to end like this is what no one expected. he wasn't going to be home until nearly the end of may and had so many other plans after this, but now he's looking online to book a flight home direct from athens. what can you say to someone in a situation like this? and how ridiculous do i sound? i still get to see a few more places that i wanted to go and the most serious injury that i sustained this trip was a nick on my finger. i'm not the one that has to go home or suffer through the healing process that could last a while still with scrapes like this. it just sucks watching your friend struggle like this and see such an incredible experience like this semester end so miserably. for the rest of us, this semester will be full of such good memories but how can he look back on this without remembering how it ended. i don't know. again, this will take some time to process still and that i will still be traveling makes it even weirder. once i get back i'll make a more substantial entry about greece because some of the things that we saw and did were truly amazing, but right now i can't really look back on it all and reflect happily on it. hasta luego.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb