Santorini, Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini » Fira
June 17th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

To travel up the cliffs to this "white washed" city we chose the cable car over a donkey ride. As we ascended up we learned that this entire island is in fact a volcanic crater. The village we visited was Fira (mostly a shopping and tourist destination). We managed to find 2 churches - the catholic church of St. John the Baptist with bells on top and a Greek Orthodox Cathedral. Both of them were inspiring. We ended up shopping for quite a while as we looked at various icons, jewelry, and clothes. Janine made out well. We then hiked down the 588 stone steps back to sea level and returned to the ship. After lunch Janine was treated to a 50 minute massage followed by a very elegant dinner at Tuscana. This is one of the two specialty restaurants on the Nautica and Wow! Our taste buds lit up like a firework display. This 6 course dining pleasure is worth remembering. We then took a walk outside, enjoyed the sunset, and took pictures of Santorini. We called Andrew and wished him a Happy Birthday. It was nice to hear Katherine's voice too. We wish they could experience this with us. After that it was a quite night of reading and journal writing. Another memorable day with lots of blessings. Thank you gracious God! - Amen. "How can anyone look at something this beautiful and not believe in God." - Janine Webb. (Private note for later in the blog...This was the day the Webbs met the Taylors.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb