Patmos to Kalymnos

Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Patmos » Skala
June 20th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 19th June, 2011

We went out for a walk and some dinner at seven thirty. We strolled to the far marina looking at the yachts and fishing boats. We passed the place were St John the Theologian held his baptisms which had been mentioned to us in the information centre.

Then back to the restaurant above La Strada that we had visited the other day. The restaurant was on 1st floor so we had a view out over the harbour. We had a Greek salad, moussaka and home made burger. They didn't do coffee when asked! but we were given a free dessert of a large fig each and a shot of something alcoholic. The bill came to €29.50 and I would comment that the service was very good.

Back to the square and we had a coffee at La Plaza in the square, watching the world go by and being amused by people.

Monday 20th June, 2011

Another chance to pack our bags as we were off to another island. We had arranged to leave our bags a little while in the room while we went out.

About 11 0'clock we strolled off and stopped at the Sagittarius restaurant for some breakfast. We both opted for the English and had a very pleasant meal. Two English breakfasts, which included two eggs, a fair amount of bacon, long rolls toasted, butter, marmalade, a small piece of cake, two coffees and a bottle of water came to ₤16.50.

Then continuing our stroll to the marina again, and turned back to go to the room to collect our gear. We said goodbye to the cleaner - who was very grateful for the tip we had left after she had helped us with our washing - and the owner and a slow amble down to the port.

The ferry came and went in no time and we were aboard and on our way by 1350 hours. A small catamaran ferry this is the first of this particular type and carrier for us.

The journey was one and half hours with a quick stop at Leros so we arrived on Kalymnos about 1530. Our next location for accommodation was Masouri on the other side of the island. We found the bus station but the next bus was at 1700 and a taxi happened to be passing so we jumped in.

We were dropped off at the hotel and received a very poor welcome, but eventually were given a room. After a short look around we did our usual and went out straight away to explore the local area and get our bearings.

The taxi driver had pointed a few things out to us and we headed straight down to the beach, which seemed reasonably occupied. Today has certainly proven to be hot and after we climbed back up from the beach we found a bar and had a beer and a coke. Prices aren't too bad. Then back to the room.


Tot: 2.769s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0249s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb