Paros - Wineries, Kittens & Tambourines


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Paros
September 14th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi There,

Sorry we've been MIA for the past few days, but our room in Paros isn't as internet friendly as in Mykonos. Well, since we've been gone, we departed Mykonos after one last delicious dinner at Lotus Lounge and a farewell Nutella crepe (Yum!). We were definitely not ready to leave, but we decided that it was important to see more than just two Greek islands.

So far Paros is much more traditional and less "touristy" than we were used to. However, that didn't stop us from getting pizza and some lemoncello shots last night at dinner. (We have to keep it real). After dinner we found a cute lounge where we danced with some German tourists to 70s music. Somehow, Kevin wound up playing the tambourine and it was at that point that I decided to call it a night.

Today we rented an ATV and explored numerous beaches and the adorable village of Lefkes. On the beach, Kevin found a piece of raw marble and of course a "Kevin type history lesson" followed about how marble from this island was used to build Napoleon's tomb. (Sigh)

In Lefkes, I was tempted to adopt three kittens who followed us for about an hour in hopes that we'd hand over our lamb souvlaki. We just returned to the hotel from the Moraitis winery (with two bottles) and we plan on heading into the main port town of Pariki for dinner and dancing.

Tomorrow we plan on visiting the caves of Antiparos, which is just a short ferry ride away from here, and the Valley of the Butterflies.

Sorry no pics today, but we're in the hotel lobby and can't upload 😞

Miss you and love you all!!

Christina and Kev



Advertisement



14th September 2007

What? No pictures? They are the lifeblood of this. Well, we like your written word actually a lot also. I understand difficulties with net connection and all. Actually, it is fantastic that you guys have kept all us onlookers up to date on your trip. I posted some wedding photos at my site on flickr. Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotair2112/ your blog service may not support a clickable link in a comment, Flickr is absolutely the best way to blog, try that some time. I hope all can see this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotair2112/ or go to: www.flickr.com/photos/hotair2112 I will be posting more. If you view, comment!
15th September 2007

Paros
Nutella crepes!! and 2 bottles of wine. Leave the cats and bring the wine. Keep blogging
15th September 2007

Hey, keep blogging.....
Hey Hubby and Wifey, So far we are loving the blog, but where you beent he last few days, we need updates. Also, Cuz Michael from Cali posted a whole bunch of pics he took from the wedding on his Flikr.com site. If you can get to a place with WiFi, go to Flikr.com, search for slezak and scrol down to his photo albums, he took some GREAT shots at the church and recept. Hope you guys are having a good time. Mom and Dad will be away when you return, but tell me what time you are getting in and I will scoop you guys up from the Airport. Talk to you later, hope our ejoying Greece! Brian and Donna

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb