Rehab


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
August 24th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Fresh off of the hardest 8 days of partying we've ever done our voyage took us to Mykonos. Unfortunately for us we quickly found out the cheapest purchase on this greek island was a 12 euro strawberry daiquiri which left us with little hope of saving much money on this step of our trip. After getting settled in at our new base camp we began trying to wrap our heads around another night of drinks and whatever this famous clubbing island had to show us. While enjoying some ouzo in our tent we were joined first by a couple kiwis who were on this adventure they called "van tour" which consisted of the most obscene set of rules all resulting in a beer funnel if rules were broken and a large group of rowdy guys wrecking havoc across europe. We were then rudely interrupted by the tent door bursting open and two tequila induced mexicans came inside with intentions of "picking up" the aussi girls we had been traveling with. Once the night was over we woke up in the familiar fatigued state we had been used to with the only surprise being in the form of a baseball size growth in Tenille's eye. We said goodbye to one of our aussi friend who was off to university then cyclops and I set off in search of a cure to her newly found growth while Kyle caught up on some beauty rest. For a total of four hours we battled to find a diagnosis for Tenille's eye, an open pharmacy, a way off the island, and get shafted from any possible ride back to our campground. Our first bit of luck came at the tail end of our long walk home when we found a broken scooter abandoned on the side of the road. We looked at eachother with the same thoughts on our minds: a free ride down the hill. Despite having a key or working engine we managed to coast our broken pleasure craft down the large hill passing running scooters and got back to the campground to a long overdue afternoon nap. Once we were back in Athens the next day we found out the trains weren't running and had to bus to the port city of Patras only to miss the ferry back to Italy again due to our lack of planning/reservation forcing us to kill a night at a random hotel. The next morning we set off on a 22 hour ferry (that we actually reserved seats on this time) and were joined by a guy from Philadelphia who we recognized by his Ios bar shirt. The only way to make it through this brutal ferry was to take a melatonin before bed and hope that the bench seats would take us into a sleep long enough to last till we had to get off. After booking a spot a sleeper train and a 7 hour layover in a air conditioned Mcdonalds in Balogna we were finally on the train to Munich. Back to Muller milch and the jug-like beer mugs we have yet to try.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb