Let's go to the Greek Island of Mykonos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Mykonos
April 5th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Currently on the ferry to Mykonos. Just tried Greek coffee, quite interesting! I guess its like Bosnian coffee, the grinds are super fine and actually stay in the coffee, they settle to the bottom. We didn’t know this at first and added our sugar and stirred it up and took a sip and wanted to spit it back out. It was like drinking sand or dust! I was about to go complain about it but then Shannon realized that it might be like Bosnian coffee she had tried before. We let the coffee settle for a few minutes, and then tried it again and it was sooo much better once the coffee settled and stuck to the bottom.

The water here is to blue! Like a deep, true blue. It’s a bit cloudy right now, but I have hoped it will clear up for the next couple days! (Little did I know….)

Few hours later…
Bedtime! Soo tired, and it’s rainy, so we decided not to go out tonight. Ferry ride was great, got here right on schedule. Something finally went right for us! Our hotel pickup was waiting for us at the port! He is such an amazing guy and gave us a tour of the town! And our hotel- is ON the seaside! We have two rooms, domi and I are in the downstairs with a double with a porch and the other four are upstairs with the seaside view. It’s so great! The entire city is all white and blue, just like the movies. But today, it was cold and rainy. Where are our beach days?! There are not many people around but maybe because it is low season? And Sunday. We tried some Greek vodka which tasted like black licorice! Ew…then we got gyros and more Greek salad for dinner. Calvin and I keep splitting the salads to cut costs but it’s the perfect size.

I got a Philly cream cheese today. I bought sesame sticks to dip in it. MMM, I’ve missed cream cheese so much!

Haha Domi and I were just talking about how we always want boys after the don’t like us anymore. It’s a horrible problem. But we currently just are in love with being single in Europe at the moment…


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb