To Epidauros and Beyond!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Pelopennese
October 9th 2005
Published: October 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Up early to drive to Athens but wanted to get in a visit to Epidauros, principally to see the theatre. Arrived there bright and early and parked up next to a very organised bunch of Austrian bikers - complete with support vehicle (!). The theatre is amazing and photos don’t do it justice - just go!
The rest of the site is undoubtedly important but is very ruined and mostly knee high to a not very tall person, I found it difficult to envisage the site as a real centre, but the stadium is worth a look.

Headed off along the coast road up to join the motorway, more wonderful local driving was observed - I really need to find out where they get that kit that lets you see over the brow of hills and round bends. Arrived at the airport for a relatively uneventful trip home via Rome. Only hiccup was at Heathrow where the bags took nearly an hour…..not that this bothered Al idiots.

Conclusions
A really enjoyable pocket sized trip: great scenery and sites, friendly people, decent hotels, wine and food - all at bargain prices (at least if you are from the UK). Going at the end of the summer means fewer tourists which must be a good thing but the weather was warm/hot. It is a pity we didn’t really have time to head into the Mani…but maybe next time.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb