Going North


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » North Aegean
August 20th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are now in lovely breezy sailing conditions - so much more pleasant. We crossed through the opened bridge at Khalidi (tidal currents of up to 7 knots) at midnight amongst all the other boats milling around waiting for the radio call from the coastguard. You can imagine the chaos. Stopped off at quite a few cute little places on route but nothing spectacular. Although we do get very excited about big supermarkets and lightweight bread (rather than the doorstop variety) Andy has started making flat bread on board for times when we have run out - very tasty.

The Bobster Rap


We decided to write and perform a rap song for Oliver’s 4th birthday. We had great fun writing the words and whilst we were in a remote anchorage, we made a video of us singing it. We decided after take 6 that we had done our best and so we emailed it over in time for the big day. It was pretty embarrassing but just funny enough for a 4 year old. Well too late now - we have disgraced ourselves for the love of our Grandchild. Let’s just hope it doesn’t get saved for his 21st!!

What, cloud and rain?


Well considering we have been out here for 8 weeks I suppose we can’t complain about 2 mornings of cloud and a bit of rain. Can’t believe we dug out the bed covers though!! The weather has now gone back to normal - all day sunshine - phew!!

The Northern Sporades


The beautiful green islands that feature in the Mamma Mia movie and numerous Greek marketing images. We have hopped about a bit between Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonnisos and have yet to be inspired. The wind is still strong and the seas are pretty rough between the islands. There must be some lovely protected bays for us so we’ll keep looking…



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Flat breadFlat bread
Flat bread

We have started baking onboard
Skiathos is not quietSkiathos is not quiet
Skiathos is not quiet

OK so you are on the flight path, but that doesn't compare with the industrial sound systems at the open-air clubs
Arko islandArko island
Arko island

our little oasis of quiet 2 miles from Skiathos
The windlass motorThe windlass motor
The windlass motor

I can smile but I took this out and dismantled it 4 times! We had new brushes couriered from UK to finally fix it. The oil leak from the gearbox remains, with a nappy underneath!


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb