Amazing Times


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Sivota
July 13th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

My computer is still stuffed so have borrowed one just to update. Still very very hot so lots of swimming, lots of drinking and eating, Reading and generally lazing. Since the last blog we have travelled from Corfu to Paxo, Antipaxos then on to Preveza wher we stayed for two night , hired a rental car to vist ruins dating back to BC, a spring fed river, which was so cold it froze out feet, but and idyllic place. The beach towns were unbelievable especially the resort of Parga. We want to have a holiday here. We are falling in love with Greece. The people are very very friendly and the coves and islands we have called in to are magic!!!!

Last night we slept in a bay off the island of Skorpios which is owned by the Onasis fanily. Was a little bitof a problem though as we encountered swarms of wasps. They left after dark but were there in their armies at 6amwhich forced a hasty retreat to the wonderful village of Sivato which is where we have stayed all day and tonight. We cant go anywhere as its Friday the 13tyh July and we have our anchor wrapped around a centuries old anchor 10meteres below us. We are prersently negotiating a price for a diver to release us so are playing a game of Poker on price. We will just cut the chain in the morning if all else fails. Couldnt think of a nicer spot to be marooned.

This whole experience is beyond our wildest dreams. Once my computer is up and running in Norway I will update the blog with the many photos we have.



Keep checking the blog as at some stage we will get the computer sorted.

Advertisement



19th July 2012

anchor stuck!
u what bliss.... keep having lots of fun. don't worry about your computer ENJOY YOURSELVES XX

Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 26; qc: 97; dbt: 0.113s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb