Sami on Kefalonia


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Kefalonia » Sami
September 16th 2023
Published: September 16th 2023
Edit Blog Post

The island of Kefalonia, part of the Ionian Islands in Greece, is a popular destination known for its natural beauty, including stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters. One of the lesser-known gems on the island is the area of Sami. Not to be confused with the indigenous Sámi people of Northern Europe, Sami in Kefalonia is a picturesque port town located on the island's eastern coast. It serves as a ferry port that connects Kefalonia with the mainland, making it a bustling area but also one that retains its serene Greek charm.

Sami is backed by lush green hills and fronted by the Ionian Sea, offering a diverse range of activities from hiking to sailing. It's a haven for those who love the great outdoors. The town itself has a collection of cafes, tavernas, and shops where you can enjoy local cuisine or buy souvenirs.

When it comes to beaches, Sami is ideally situated near some of Kefalonia's most breathtaking spots. Just a short drive away is Antisamos Beach, famous for its turquoise waters and white pebbles. Scenes from the Hollywood movie "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" were filmed here, and it's easy to see why. The surrounding hills provide a natural amphitheater that adds to the beach's allure.

Another nearby beach is Myrtos Beach, which is often cited as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Its unique setting in a concave bay and its stunning mix of turquoise and azure waters make it a must-visit. Although it's about a 30-minute drive from Sami, the journey is worth it for the panoramic views alone.

Karavomylos Beach is another nearby option that offers a quieter atmosphere. Located closer to Sami, it's perfect for those who wish to avoid the crowds and enjoy a more tranquil experience. Its calm waters make it suitable for families and swimmers of all levels.

Sami offers a delightful blend of natural beauty, local culture, and accessibility to some of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Kefalonia. Whether you're an adventure seeker or someone looking to unwind, Sami provides an ideal setting for a memorable vacation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb