Cruise - Greece, Corfu


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Corfu
November 29th 2015
Published: December 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sun 29th



CORFU



Docked in Corfu at 0800. We had ordered breakfast in our cabin so we got ready, had brecky when it arrived and then set off to explore Corfu on foot. Once again, no tour organised, just exploring on our own. It was quite a long walk into town…about 2miles and then we continued walking out to the old fort to have a look. We then walked through the town, exploring through all the small cobbled streets. As it was Sunday, and winter, most shops were open, but many little tourist shops and café’s had opened for the cruise ship. The last ship for the year we were told. So many shops had specials on. Good for me!! We were back on the ship by 1130 as all passengers had to be on board by 1230 and we were departing at 1300. We had lunch once again in the buffet area, and then went up on the top deck to watch us depart. At 1245 we heard over the loudspeaker that a French couple and a German couple had failed to return and if they were in fact on the boat, to report to staff (this was made in French and German, but we could work out what they were saying)). This was repeated 3 more times over the course of the next half hour. We could see the port authorities driving up and down the jetty, a motorbike coming and going (off to search the town we assumed) the ship was blowing it’s horn and still no people by 1300. At 1320 a port car came screaming up…with two people and at 1340 we pulled away. No idea where the other 2 people are or what will happen to them as their passports, luggage and everything are still on board. Just goes to show….don’t be late back to the ship!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb