Crete day 3


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke around 10 am to the hostel head Ivan telling us that we needed to check out soon. Was still very tired as I had made it back around 4:30 the night before and had a somewhat bad night of sleep. Hung out around the hostel for a while and then headed down to the beach. The Rethymno beach was huge! very long and deep beach with heaps of people and very fine brownish sand. Spent most of the day relaxing in the sun and then headed back to the hostel with the intention of returning to Hania to bring back the rental car. We realized however, that there were no hostels in Hania and we really wanted to stay in Rethymno anyway because the hostel was sweet and full of tons of cool people. We changed our ferry tickets from hania to Rethymno and booked another night at the hostel. Meanwhile Aaron drove back to Hania to return the car and then bus back to meet up with us a bit later. We also realized that we wouldnt have enough time to hike the Samaria Gorge the next day because it would be cutting it too close with our night ferry departure. I was a bit dissapointed but such is life. After a quick nap we started drinking a few in the patio lounge area with all the other hostel guests and headed out for another big night out. The night was a blast and ended with some late night skinny dipping in the ocean.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb