Finally made it out of Santorini


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Crete » Heraklion
July 17th 2007
Published: July 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after an interesting few days, the Weinstein family has finally made it out of Santorini. Not that it was a bad place. On the contrary, we had a wonderful time. The geography was absolutely breathtaking. We had a great time just going to the beaches and taking it easy. We also enjoyed some of the Archaeological sites such as Ancient Thira. The day we were going to leave Santorini though, the winds became very strong. They ended up canceling our ferry out of town. So we said, oh well....another day on a beautiful Island. We promptly got to work, relaxing at the beach. However, the next day, the same thing happened. There was too much wind. By this point we were not as happy. Some of us (Debra and I) only had 4 days planed in Crete. With the loss of 2 days, it means we only get to spend two days here. The trip to Crete was interesting. The only available ferry that could take us from Santorini to Crete (since it was so HUGE) left Santorini at 1 am. So we got there, and in typical Greek fashion, the boat was 2 hours late. The accommodations were not great either. After a long trip, we ended up in Crete at 7 in the morning. We just missed the start of the Taxi strike scheduled for that day fortunately, and made it to our hotel. After a long nap, me had a nice afternoon at Knossos, the very ancient city. We also had a great dinner. Unfortunately, tomorrow marks the last day I will be traveling with my family. I will be leaving for the mainland, and then on to Belgrade for new adventures. It has been great seeing my family and I highly suggest traveling with people you care about. Anyways, I better get some sleep for our last full day together in Crete and Europe. Don't forget to keep sending your comments and letting me know what is up in the States. I am a bit out of the loop here. Hope you are all doing well. Till next time.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

SantoriniSantorini
Santorini

The famous black beaches of Santorini...due to Volcanic rocks. Its a good thing I am a geologist and know that


18th July 2007

Wow
I enjoy reading the blog, and what great pictures!!

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb