Tuesday, August 25, Veria, Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Macedonia » Veria
September 6th 2009
Published: September 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday - Veria

We settled in and trashed the house. Didn’t mean to, but we have soooo many suitcases. Regalia takes up at least one suitcase! Poor things. Our crap is everywhere and we’re too tired to be organized.

Sophia made us lunch, and we were very grateful. Showers were a necessity -- 24 hours in a car, shoulder to shoulder, no air conditioning (did I tell you it’s hot?) -- we were overdue!

Demetrius took Johnny and I to the local market to pick up some snack food (we are learning to hoard food) and breakfast items. We are always on the lookout for water, no gas, but it appears Greeks aren’t as dedicated to mineral water with bubbles as are the Germans.

We ate a late lunch -- I think we snacked for dinner. We were tired and ready for bed. Mariah attempted to sleep on the side porch. David, Wil and Johnny on couches in the living room, Lee and I on an air mattress on the back porch. I think Lee and I had the best arrangement; thick air mattress and open windows. Mariah only made it part of the night on the side porch, the divan was a tad hard. We found her in the morning sitting, wrapped in a blanket, on a love seat in the living room.

Wilson, good nephew that he is, offered to trade sleeping places with Mariah, and she did not refuse his offer.

The sun has set on yet another day.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb