Leaving Istanbul and Arriving in Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Central Greece » Delphi
May 1st 2016
Published: May 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sunday: John was up early to say goodbye to Aggie and Roger as they took off for Iran and the Society of Asian Arts tour. Then we hung out at the hotel early morning with Memhet the owner, chatting about the states and his view of the economy. He very generously gave us presents as we departed for the airport. What a wonderful host and we look forward to hosting him in San Francisco later in the year.

After some difficulties with getting through the airport we boarded our plane and were whisked 536 km to Athens where we were met by Spiros, our driver and guide for the next few days. Full of information and energized at every turn, we drove the two hours to Delphi and our hotel, the Nidimos. John took a walk around while Peggy enjoyed a bath in their large tub. Then a quick drink at a local bar and dinner at a local restaurant, Vakhos, before falling into bed. It is Greek Orthodox Easter today so the churches are celebrating along with the entire population of the town. Sorry we are not in better shape to participate in the fun. Many of the children and adults are dressed in traditional garb and dancing away the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb