Tom's blog - My birthday


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica
December 10th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.9792, 23.7166

Awake in the dark, watching the luminescent hands on my watch tick away. Then suddenly, a knock on the door, parents coming in, siblings awake, and hugs in all directions. After unwrapping my wonderful present, we headed out into Athens to find breakfast. After a quick trainride, we stopped for a traditional breakfast bread as "just a snack". We headed down through the plaka, or old town, to see the old Roman Agora or marketplace. As we were still hungry, we had another breakfast, where Matthew had a toasted sandwich and fries for breakfast! We then went into the Agora to see the amazingly well preserved ruins.

This took a couple of hours but as the Agora was used for 100s of years, this did not get boring. After this we walked back through the plaka, stopping frequently at the more interesting shops, we had a quick lunch of gyros (a type of meat wrapped in pita bread). Dad then headed off to see more while the rest of us were too tired and went back to the hotel for a rest.

After a drink at the roof-top bar of our hotel, we headed out for dinner. I had chosen to go back to the God's Restaurant. This meals there were huge again and afterwards the parents got a free shot of ouzo, and I got one too! I slept pretty well after that!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb