Back Down to Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Piraeus
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Port at PiraeusThe Port at PiraeusThe Port at Piraeus

It might look calm, but that's because most of the ships are gone. In the morning it's madness.
Not much to report today. Left Kalambaka on the 10 o'clock bus and traveled the 5 1/2 hours back down to Athens. Beautiful drive, all-in-all, finally making it down to Piraeus, where I'm spending the night, at about 4ish.

Piraeus is the port of Athens, and is actually the busiest port in the entire Mediterranean. While it's a bit sketchy down by the docks, once you head inland 5 or so blocks it's a pretty nice place to spend the evening. Even stumbled upon a Starbucks. It's funny, the small things you miss when you're out more in the countryside. Mainly, everywhere I've been, Starbucks has been my go-to place. It's quiet, it's always air-conditioned, it has free wifi, and is truly a nice couple hour escape when being in a strange place gets a little too strange.

Tomorrow I'm off on a ferry to Mykonos, one of the more popular Cycladic islands. Should be fun. But I am ready for a change of scenery, meaning that I'm ready to get to Egypt. Greece is great, but it's getting time to move on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb