Piraeus Again


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Piraeus
January 11th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 10th January, 2009, continued.

We left the cabin just before nine and wandered down to the Restaurant, the ship sailed at about this time.

We had the following, a four colour salad as a starter, which was carrot, white and red cabbage, and lettuce. Then a special of the day, swordfish steak, and a pork fillet. Pat's meal arrived with brussel sprouts, much to her displeasure, she dislikes them with a passion. I ate them and they were lovely. The plates were cleared and we were given a complimentary dessert, which was made from honey, and the waiter said it was called something like klevida (?). Also some Raki, which I declined. Then we decided to share a dessert and had like a tort on a sponge base, sprinkled with nuts . This was also delicious. We had drinks of bottled water, a coke cola, with a half bottle of dry white wine. The bill came to €34.60. It was good waiter service, excellent food and very good value, we thought.

I would certainly recommend Anek Lines.

We then went back to the hoping to get a good night's sleep, because of our early start.

Sunday, 11th January, 2009.

We had set the alarm for five fifteen and got ready in short order.

The ferry arrived in Piraeus at six thirty, and we had moved down to the car, when called shortly before that. The car now has an Anek sticker along with the others, making fiour in total.

It was still dark, when we came ashore, but the weather was dry, a little cooler, maybe.

We parked the car in the Port, and dozed and snoozed until about nine o'clock. This is the first time I have fallen asleep in this car.

We went to one of the terminals with a Starbucks in it, and bought some coffee and croissants.

We are fairly familiar with the port, having spent a day and half here in December, waiting to sail to Crete.

Pat had read the main office for Blue Star Ferries was round the other side of the Port, so we took a walk to kill some time.

We got to the office and booked the ferry. Sailing 1530 hours today, from Piraeus to Kos, with a couple of other Ports on the way. Arriving 0330 hours. Blue Star Ferries, vessel Diagoras. No cabins. Cost €195.50.

We continued our walk for a short way and then headed back to the car.

We drove back to the relevant area of the Port for us. the ship is here, and we killed some time before loading commences at 1330 hours.

We noticed that other cars were going on board at twelve thirty, so we eventually tried and got on board at one o'clock.

The ferry is again fairly new and of a good standard.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb