Jumping the loop holes to get to Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Before heading off the Athens, we had thanksgiving at our apartment, French style, although it had all the comforts of home, stuffing, gravy, TURKEY (yes we found turkey!!), mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, you know the works, it was so tastey! Elly’s dad came for the weekend, and helped cook our splendid feast, it was great to meet her dad, he is so much like her. Our director also came over to enjoy a real American/French style thanksgiving, which was fun to have a house full of friends and family.
Now for the story of Athens, Greece. So it all stated on a miserably rainy Thanks giving day in Antibes, Danielle, my friend studying in Italy was flying out of Nice in the morning and was coming that day to have turkey day dinner with us. But as many of you all know the French trains were on strike, so there was limited trains running between France and Italy…grrr..soo Danielle left at 7:30 that day, got to Vantemiliga, the train station in Italy that connects with Nice and was forced to wait almost 10 hours before a bloody trained would bring her to Antibes, ehh I felt so bad but she finally made it with the help of my director picking her up from the train station. We saved her a plate of a tastey turkey dinner and we all had desert together.
The next morning we woke up at half past four, so bloody early, and departed to the train station in search of a taxi, because usually they are waiting there, but not this time, so I called and called for one, but nobody every answered.. and then of course to add insult to injury I ran out of credit on my cell phone..bloody figures. So we were a bit out of luck, a felt like the gods were telling us not to go to Greece, but then I spotted a cab and bolted in the street to stop and bleed to him to bring up to the airport, and luckily he was heading in that direction. So finally we were on our way to Greece!
Our flight was good, and we arrived in Athens with no problem at all, found our hotel (which was great and had internet!!) and enjoyed a bit of a nap to rest from our busy morning. That night we went around, got some try Greek food and enjoyed a relaxing evening looking at the shops and eating good food, but on our way back to the hotel, we were stopped in the metro and apparently we had the wrong ticket, and ended up getting a ticket for 48€. They wouldn’t budge, they were super rude, and didn’t care that it was our first day in Greece. It put a bit of a damper on our first day there, but we shock it off.
The next day was our day of sightseeing and being tourist. We went to the acropolis and saw the Parthenon and loads of Greek ruins. It was over all a fun day, we ate Kyros and did some Christmas shopping. The following days consisted of the same things, food, shopping, and ruins, and by the end we were a bit ruined out, but overall it was fun to be with Danielle in a new place! I can’t wait to go back to Greece, but to visit the islands! Some day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



29th February 2008

Mmmmmmm...
Greek foooooooooooooooooooooood

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb