Ronda/Gibraltar


Advertisement
Gibraltar's flag
Europe » Gibraltar
May 3rd 2016
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning we went to Pileta Caves just a 30 minute drive outside of Ronda, it was a road with lots of curves and beautiful scenery. The first tour was suppose to leave at 10:00 and we arrived right at 10:00 to be informed that we had to wait for at least 25 people to arrive or 11:30 whichever came first. 11:30 it was and we had a group of 16 that went on the tour. We had a very knowledgeable guide and went in with 1 small LED latern for every 2 people. The caves were very impressive with huge stalactites and stalagmites, but the big attraction was the cave paintings which were tens of thousands of years old from the Neolithic period and are some of the oldest cave paintings that have been discovered. They would not allow photographs in the caves. We then headed out to Gibraltar, which is a Briitish settlement. We took a cable car to the upper rock and had amazing views of two different seas. We could also see two continents (Africa and Europe). At the top, there are lots of monkeys that roam free on the rock. They were fascinating to watch and did not mind if you got up close to them for a picture. There were also some areas that the British military had used in the past that were interesting to see. We then had to change up our hotel plans. We were suppose to be traveling to Morocco tonight, but received word earlier in the day that the ferries were not running due to high winds. We are going to hope the winds calm down so we can head to Morocco in the morning, otherwise, we will head on to Sevilla. 22,484 steps and 59 flights of stairs today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb