Mannheim


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 26th 2017
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.4609, 8.41188

The road trip today was approximately 2+ hours on divided highways.

When driving on the motorways it is not unusual to see the speed limit box on the GPS go blank. Basically no speed limits on these sections. I estimate some of the vehicles are travelling at 180-200 kph. Good idea to stay in the right lane.

Our hotel is located in Ludwigshafen which is across the river from Mannheim. We commuted to Mannheim via the S Bahn which is a commuter railway. Trip takes about 15 minutes.

We visited the 17th Century Royal Palace which is one of the 3 largest in Germany. It is a very impressive structure. Parts of the building are used the university which occupies other adjacent buildings. It seems there is some local celebration this weekend. Performing stages and food and drink vendors were being set up at the Palace as well as streets in the city.

The Jesuit Church was the next stop. The interior of the church was very colourful. A wedding was taking place when we were there.

The other building of historical significance which we saw was the water tower built in the 1980's.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb