Wine and St Goar- the Rhine River.


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
October 1st 2014
Published: December 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We departed Lauterbrunnen and made our way back into Germany. Sadly on both times that we went into Germany, we only had one night in each place. But that means that it is just another place to go back and explore. We stopped in Heidelburg for lunch, which is a lovely town in Germany, and we even found a gelato shop that sold vegan, lactose free and gluten free ice cream and gelati- one of my roommates was very delighted to try it for the first time, "That's gelato Droduzione Artigianale" is the name of the place for anyone else who is interested in it.

We then made our way to the Rhine Valley, where we went to a cuckoo clock shop demonstration, and man those clocks can drive one crazy, but there are some great masterpieces in them- though they are very expensive. And all the cuckoo clocks seemed to go off like 30 seconds to a minute after each other- it drives you absolutely nuts.Then we went to a Stein shop and demonstration. I have never seen so many ways to drink beer, so many steins, beer horns, glass cups and other decorative steins in my life. It was really interesting to see the demonstration, though I wish we had more time there to look around. We then went into a private room at a pub for dinner- seeing as it was Germany, there was sausages and schnitzel on the plate.

After dinner Toni led us down a dark alleyway- I swear we all thought it was suspicious, but she has never led us wrong- we always manage to find the best thing at the end of the alley, we went to a wine taste testing. This only cost €6 and we were able to try five different types of wine: red, white, rosé, an expensive wine that I don't even remember the name of and a popular local wine.

We went back to hotel, via a very scenic route along the Rhine River- it is truly gorgeous, it would have been nice to have done a cruise along it. I really want to go back to Germany. It surprised me: I didn't have high expectations of Germany, but I really loved it. Munich is beautiful and historical, St Goar is lovely and the people are really friendly. It's definitely back on my travel list.

Auf Wiedershen Germany, until we meet again

Jetzt muss ich gehen (I must go now)

The Netherlands, you're next!

x


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb