Wertheim


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 5th 2014
Published: August 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The ship arrived in Erlach (tiny little place) by breakfast and after breakfast we boarded the buses for a 45 minute ride to Wertheim. An American Carole with back trouble had bagged the back seat to lie on, but I discovered that the coach seats do recline a bit, this making the journey quite manageable for me.



American Carole says she's fine.



Wertheim is a pretty little town, which you would see if ever I could get the photos to upload! I did manage to upload a few more photos of Passau (which are worth a look), but before I could get any more up the connection petered out again. The Wertheim guide was good, but every time a statistic cropped up he would ask several of us in turn what we thought the answer was. Every time we wanted to say (but didn't) "YOU tell US, you're the guide"!

Update: good link today, the 6th, in Frankfurt, so photos now up.

We went to the shop of Karl Ittig (who gave us the glass blowing demonstration last night) and bought a couple of very nice pieces for our Golden Wedding anniversary on Friday.



Then we lunched in a very good Chinese restaurant on the market square, after which we strolled down to the docking point to find that our ship had just caught up with us, and we could board straight away.



It was at this point that I discovered there was a good enough internet connection on the ship to get a few photos up, but the moment we left Wertheim the connection petered out. So frustrating! Luckily it always seems just fast enough to do the text of the day's blog.



So on we cruise through dinner through more beautiful scenery, and interesting sights - a touring kayak in the same lock as us, a skip lorry being reversed along the quay with wheels 6 inches from the edge, and for no apparent reason 2 young bathing beauties in bikinis, prompting a cheer from every middle aged man in the restaurant.



The ship will cruise on through the night, and the programme director says that if all the lock lights are green for us, we should arrive at our target Koblenz by lunchtime tomorrow, and the ship will for once be staying put for a while so that we can come and go as we please until 4.00. the following morning!

Photo Gallery

Advertisement



Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb