11th Stop - Ulm


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 18th 2006
Published: September 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Warsaw - Berlin - Munich - Ulm (Train)



18-19 August

We caught the Nachtzug (night train) from Berlin to Munich. We did not have the chance to farewell Lilli and Maya (Alex & Christina’s girls) when we last departed Langenau as we left early in the morning. The trip to Ulm, and then on to Langenau, is not much more than one hour from Munich on the ICE train and so we were able to drop by and see the Edel family once again. But first, Alex encouraged us to have a genuine Bavarian Weißwurst breakfast on our stopover in Munich.

There are some unspoken rules to the Weißwurst breakfast. It consists of a couple of white (veal) sausages, sweet mustard on the side and a salted pretzel. You eat it with your fingers and wash it down with a half litre of Weißen beer (similar to redback beer in Australia). The entire event must be over and done by 11:oo in the morning - at the latest! After initially thinking that we might not be quite up for the brekkie beer, it was actually the perfect antidote for those sleeper train bed backaches.

After the ever-warm welcome to Alex and Christina’s house in Langenau, time relaxing, reading German kid’s books (as much for us to learn from as for Lilli) and a dinner at their great local Italian restaurant, it was soon time to leave on the early train - this time to make the long rail journey across to Budapest.

T


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb