I Am A Rothenburger!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
August 16th 2006
Published: August 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Timber Buildings of Rothenburg.Timber Buildings of Rothenburg.Timber Buildings of Rothenburg.

My favorite type of architecture in Germany.
In following Kennedy’s footsteps, I’m expressing my love of a City by proclaiming to be a citizen of it. Rothenburg, is a Medieval town, basically untouched by the 21st Century, and it’s Timber Building especially has enamored me. To me it is the Heart and Soul of the Volks of Germany and rates with the Neuschwanstein Castle as it’s symbol.

Though there are hundreds of buildings in Germany built in Gothic and Baroque style, the Timber Buildings reflects to me, the labor and ingenuity of the Regular fellow of that land. The simple yet beautiful design of the building, the maintenance and upkeep of it despite it’s age of several hundreds of years, reflect the meticulousness, Civil pride and energy of the Germans.

Almost the whole Country, at least from what I’ve been able to observe on my bus trip through the country is postcard beautiful. Even simply built buildings, old yet beautiful maintained and freshly painted compliments the scenery. No junk cars in yards, garage filled with rift raft, yards overgrown with weeds, graffiti, buildings in stages of disrepair was seen. How they do it and inspire everyone to cooperate, needs to be studied and taught to the citizens of our Country.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Cathedral in Cologne (Koln).Cathedral in Cologne (Koln).
Cathedral in Cologne (Koln).

Mindboggling imagining the work and ingenuity of designing and building such as elaborate structure.
Homes of Oberammergau.Homes of Oberammergau.
Homes of Oberammergau.

Town of the famous Passion Plays.
O Little Town of Heidelberg.O Little Town of Heidelberg.
O Little Town of Heidelberg.

View from the Castle area.
Rothenburg.Rothenburg.
Rothenburg.

So where Heidi and Helmut?
Rothenburg.Rothenburg.
Rothenburg.

Ain't it loverly?
If it ain't Baroque.If it ain't Baroque.
If it ain't Baroque.

Linderhof Castle.


19th November 2006

not linderhof
the castle on your pictures is not linderhof,and not build by Ludwig. It is Nymphenburg.
20th November 2006

.Nymphenburg.
I'm agreeing with you on this, after doing a Google search. The trip was made a few years back so my memory of the exact names are blurry. However, the one I tagged as If It ain't Baroque, is Linderhof, am I right? Thank-you for the correction.

Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb