Day 10 Nuremburg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
July 2nd 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Boat RideBoat RideBoat Ride

The girls enjoy a boat ride while mom and dad walk the Nuremberg grounds.
Since our plans had changed we decided to begin heading north to make our trip to Aarhus a little shorter. One side trip was to Nuremburg to see the Nazi Documentation Center and the huge stadiums of Hilter. Unbelievable how one man had so much power. There is a lake near the Nazi grounds and we let the girls take a paddle boat ride while Ted and I hiked to the nearby stadium. We walked up to the platform where Hitler used to stand over his 100,000’s plus troops. Eerie sort of.

Back into the car to head toward Berlin with the other million World Cup fans. We heard that they estimate that 1.5 million people will be at the Fan Fest. That is an area outside the stadium where people can watch the final game in Berlin. Crazy soccer fans. We decided to head to Potsdam just east of Berlin. It was a great little town with lots of shopping. I wish we had more time to stay and hang out but we needed to get back in the car and head North to Denmark.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The unfinished Nazi StadiumThe unfinished Nazi Stadium
The unfinished Nazi Stadium

The Nazi stadium built before and during WWII was never finished. It now houses the Nazi document center and the museum detailing the events that lead to the rise of Nazi Germany.
Former Grandstands of the Zepplin FieldFormer Grandstands of the Zepplin Field
Former Grandstands of the Zepplin Field

It is from this podium the Hitler would address the masses assembled before him.
Church in historic NurembergChurch in historic Nuremberg
Church in historic Nuremberg

The old town of Nuremburg is well worth a full day visit. We managed only a couple hours. The church pictured here is part of the old town.


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb