germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 15th 2010
Published: June 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I have wandered around Europe a bit and I have to say I am more than a little disappointed with the German nation. Yes there are a lot of cobbled streets, old buildings, old churches and castles etc, but hay that is Europe. Generally, I found Germany to be expensive and the people “polite” (with some who were anything but polite :-( ).

As for the streets and buildings, you will see better examples in other parts of Europe. Perhaps this is because the rest of Europe wasn’t bombed the way Germany was but the fact remains German is generally a high number of square steep roofed buildings that are not overly historic or interesting. This is in stark contrast to a lot of the rest of Europe.

As for places to go/things to see, well Germany is in central Europe..... what you expect is there, but it is rather expensive and it will probably be shut when you get there. Also, you risk a rude response if you ask to many questions of a service person/agent.

In short, have a look at Germany but its immediate neighbours will often be less expensive and overall more interesting.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb