Villingen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 16th 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

16 May 2009

One of the interesting things about motor caravanning is that events don’t always work out as planned.

We did a shop at the local Liddle and then drove 40k north east to an attractive walled medieval town, Villingen. Saturday morning in Villingen was humming with a farmer’s market around the Munster, bands playing, stalls from local organisations everywhere and the cafes crowded. We strolled around the town, had a sausage in a roll at the Bratwusrt stall and then walked the perimeter of the wall through a pleasant park.

This took us to late afternoon and we headed for our overnight stop at Tuttlingen 30k away. We got there to find it was the weekend for the fair to be in town and the camper stop site, which seemed very pleasant as it was next to the river and close to the centre, was covered in rides!

Fortunately consultation with our guide book showed there was another stop only 20k away at Stockach which we quickly headed for. This turned out to be attached to a motor caravan dealers, in a good location with all the facilities we need.

We are now very close to Lake Constance which we plan to explore for the next few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb