Weekend Photos


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
July 17th 2005
Published: July 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Picture Postcard View of the Village of SpaltThe Picture Postcard View of the Village of SpaltThe Picture Postcard View of the Village of Spalt

This was our view as we completed out 10 km volkswandertage on 9 July.
Here are some photos that were taken the last two weekends. They are odds and ends shots with no real particular story. Well, Maybe, a short one or two. I figure Alex & Maggie would enjoy seeing our little friend down the street.

The first couple of photos were taken in Spalt, Germany about 25 miles West of Ansbach. Bruce and I did a 10Km Volkswandertage (people wandering) walk and it was great. A beautiful walk though a lovely village, through wheat, corn and hop fields and into some beautiful dense forests.

I've also included a couple shots of our walk in Sinning, Germany we did Saturday, July 16th. It was hot and humid so we only did 5 Km. Not sure where the name, Sinning, came from but it is a beautiful area

During the evenings Kate and I have started going out for walks. We live in an interesting area with a large cornfield and a flower field just behind our house. And just down the street there is a donkey and a goat that enjoy being petted when we stop by. The goat didn't want his picture taken today (bad hair day I guess).


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Interesting Game - Have No Idea What's It's CalledInteresting Game - Have No Idea What's It's Called
Interesting Game - Have No Idea What's It's Called

While walking around Spalt we came across this group of people playing this game. It looks like shuffle board played with large bay spinning tops that have been cut in half and plastic plates secured to their bottoms.
Hops FieldsHops Fields
Hops Fields

I didn't realize that hops are grown on vines. In the area around Spalt there are many of these unusual hop fields.
Bruce - My Volkswandertage PartnerBruce - My Volkswandertage Partner
Bruce - My Volkswandertage Partner

This is Bruce, my volkswandertage partner when Kate doesn't want to go out on one of these walks. If fact, Bruce will go ever weekend and sometimes twice a weekend. Bruce works with Kate and is a LCSW.
Beautiful Sinning Scenery Beautiful Sinning Scenery
Beautiful Sinning Scenery

Strange name for a village, Sinning, but very beautiful even though it was hot and humid. Those white flower plants in the foreground are potatoes and behind it is wheat.
Man Walking His CatMan Walking His Cat
Man Walking His Cat

Not a great shot but it shows how Germans obey the lease law even when it comes to cats.
Our Friend Down the StreetOur Friend Down the Street
Our Friend Down the Street

This little donkey lives down the street and he really enjoys when we are out for a walk as he loves to be petted.


18th July 2005

hi
Those are so cool. The donkey is so cute!

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb