Venlo to Zons


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
June 5th 2023
Published: June 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Monday's blog. No internet in the hotel



Another hot sunny day and after breakfast we were soon out of Venlo on quiet roads There were a few very gentle inclines but nothing much. We passed through lots of forests and park areas and a flying field for very small aircraft. There were lots more stables with horses and lots of tiny foals.

At one stage we passed through the Krickenbecker area on paths with lakes at both sides.

Cycling through one small town we spotted a Penny supermarket so stopped to buy some yogurts and sandwiches.

As the day went on we arrived in a more urban area and passed through Neuss and round the edge of Monchengladbach. Cycling through Neuss was all on cycle paths on the pavements which was slow going watching out for pedestrians, other cyclists, roller skaters and cars at junctions. We stopped at the edge of a Park in Neuss to find a bench for lunch. We couldn't find one in the shade so leant the bikes on the bench and ate lunch stood under a tree in the shade. Not ideal. The last ten miles, or so, were close to the Rhine but not quite along it.

Arriving in Zons we were a little early to check in so we found a cafe for Ice cream and a drink.

The hotel owner didn't speak a lot of English but enough for the basics. Our room was a little apartment off a courtyard and very nice. Although there was a wi- fi code we couldn't find any Internet connection which was rather annoying.

We went straight out to eat, after showers, because it was Monday and it can be hard to find restaurants that are open. Fortunately we easily found one and the food was good.

Back in our room I checked my emails to find our train back from Nuremberg to Cologne, later in June, has been cancelled so we have the aggravation of trying to sort that out now. Booking seats with bike places is proving hard to do so we decided to try to do this at Nuremberg Station on Tuesday providing we get there as they have already changed the times with very short connection times in Stuttgard.
40 miles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb