Gala Formal Farewell dinner


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Schleswig-Holstein
July 9th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dairy farmDairy farmDairy farm

in Schleswig-Holstein
After a relaxing day cruising through the Kiel Canal, we changed clothes into our Formal wear for the Farewell dinner in the La Fontaine dinning room. Laurieanne had "cooked up" an event for the dinner. Five people (including John) were going to enter the dinning room wearing masks and see what the reaction would be. I was the official photographer for the event. Laurieanne had previously bought the masks at the Vasa Museum in Stockholm.

So we met in the lounge outside the dinning room and they, Barb, Jean, Lynn, John and Laurieanne got their masks on. I took the required pictures and we all entered with me taking pictures along the way. The reaction was laughing and exclaiming!! Everyone liked the masks and enjoyed the laughter. Then we sat down and had a lovely dinner followed by all the waiters parading in with Baked Alaska for desert. Each person was served a portion and it tasted delicious. Later the cooks, staff, and waiters serenaded us and we applauded them for their song but also for the good cooking and serving we've enjoyed all cruise long. It was a happy celebration.

After dinner the ship was just in
In the Crow's nestIn the Crow's nestIn the Crow's nest

John passing under bridge in the Kiel Canal at the Crow's Nest (cocktail lounge) before formal farewell dinner
the final locks of the Kiel Canal. So I rushed to change clothes and go up to the top deck again to take pictures of the exit from the canal. By now it was cool and breezy so everyone wore coats. Yes, there were others up there with me taking pictures of our exit.

By now it was dark and our next task was to pack, so we could put our luggage in the hallway before we went to bed. By morning we'll be docked in Tilbury England (London) and after breakfast we debark the ship! It's been fun but we're ready to go home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

John helpsJohn helps
John helps

Laurieanne get her mask tied
Laurianne saysLaurianne says
Laurianne says

"let's not make a scene" ---AS IF!
desert of Baked Alaskadesert of Baked Alaska
desert of Baked Alaska

Isman serves all of us


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb