hellooooo!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
April 10th 2006
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

we arrive in dresden quite late and check into the Lollis Homestay Hostel, which i will tell you about in a moment. its cool, worth hearing about and thats why im going to tell you about it.

its small and has pictures from the film Hostel knocking around the place. for those unaware (americans probably) Hostel is a backpacker-goes-to-europe-then-gets-butchered-by-twisted-rich-people type film. you know how it is. anyway we find this funny, obviously as we're staying in a hostel. aside from the owners of this place fucking with your head with all these posters each room has a theme. our room is the religion room. there are four different religions all thrown together to make one theme. there is a severed human finger in a box on the wall. neither of us know this religion. this we are happy about. our paranoia is heightened now thanks to the posters and the fingers. we get chatting to the guy at reception who is just about to finish working, he starts smoking what my mum calls pot and offers to show us the new rooms which aren't open yet. despite the fact that we are freaked out from the posters we accept this kindscary invitation and it was well worth it. we open the door to the first room and we see a car in there. yes a car, an old east german car that the boottrunk of which has been converted into a bed. another room reveals a giant sized theme. in it a sofa bigger than the average living room and two huge dining chairs and table, the table is also a double bed. the next room is the jungle room. though this isnt finished there will be sand on the floor eventually. the place is so cool it makes me want to go back just to stay in the new rooms and despite the fact there is pretty much sod all to do in dresden.

on that note all we achieve in dresden is walk about and act the fools. we do Seinfeld imressions for 90 minutes, we take photos of ourselves eating Bratwurst, take photos of ourselves abusing public statues and keeping repeating 'za chermans are coming' in crap german accent and affirming that curly hair is better to spong in. then we leave. goddamn brits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bored ın DresdenBored ın Dresden
Bored ın Dresden

(ıts an egg)


Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb