Wifi in Dresden!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Dresden
August 30th 2009
Published: August 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Cobblestones and cyclistsCobblestones and cyclistsCobblestones and cyclists

We thought we would record us with those memorable stones. It's north of Berlin near Chorin.

Through north Germany and south to Berlin and Dresden



As I thought, it has been difficult to catch wifi whilst touring in Germany but we have it now at our campsite just north of Dresden.

So we are fine and still finding this very interesting. Especially as, since Lubeck a couple of weeks ago, we are in former East Germany. Some of the roads are terrible for cycling with large cobblestones the whole way. Most of the roads proper are now treated with tarmac but the backroads and tracks are sometimes in their original state. If they are not cobblestones they are sometimes Honnecker humps with short pieces of concrete linked together with a jarring jolt at every join.

But the weather is great and we have done some cycling particularly at the Baltic coast and now here in some hills around Dresden. We have not done Dresden but just popped in to see where it was and how busy it might be; very.

Highlights to date have been the campsites and camperstops, even one in the middle of Berlin; Lubeck; meeting Tim and Regina, Lesley's cousin and family in Hamburg and that's a lovely centre along with Bremen. We found Berlin full of new and renovated buildings with some amazing spectacles. Our guide books are way out of date with lots of details. If you come get a very up to date version. Ours is from 1997 and it knows little of today.

The van is fine, the bike is ok but the gears slip and we are enjoying ourselves.

Love to all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb