Day Three: Chemnitz


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony » Chemnitz
June 6th 2014
Published: June 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a nice family breakfast at the hotel, we headed for Chemnitz. Our first stop was the city center where we did some exploring and shopping. Next, off to the bungalow and to get the kids checked into their room at Hotel Schloss Rabenstein, a beautifully restored hotel with a view of a Castle which belonged to a Count from the area. Not bad digs according to Jamie and Alec, especially considering the staff called to make sure they didn't want any breakfast and folded all of the clothes they'd left strewn around the room! We took a nice walk out in the woods to an observation tower, climbed all 200 stairs to enjoy the breathtaking view of the region, and then ventured on to a quaint chalet style restaurant nestled in the woods for a snack of Raushlausch sausage and ice cream. That evening we met a group of friends and Martina and Johannes at a Hafmansdorff (sp?) for a night of bowling, dining, dancing, and celebrating.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Chemnitz City CenterChemnitz City Center
Chemnitz City Center

Mom made Jamie pose for the picture...she looks happy doesn't she?
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"

Check out the old fashioned bowling lanes. The pins were hanging from strings!
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"

Our feeling about how well we bowled tonight!
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"

Dessert...Jamie was very fond of the children's sundaes in traditional "Bruno" cups and Alec favored the straticella
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"
Hartmansdorff "The Party Place"

Ralf and Jamie hit the dance floor!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb